8.31.2008


8/30/8

Hiked the Northfork (Huckleberry) trail to Tablerock Mountain today with Jen and 8 friends. Weather was great; 50 degrees in the morning, to 80 degrees by late afternoon.
















GPS stats for the hike;

6.8 miles each way for a total distance traveled 13.6 miles

Elevation start at about 7,000 feet, top of tablerock GPS said was 11,130.

Total climb of 4,130 feet.

Time up 5:59, averaged 52:42 minutes per mile.
Time down 3:55, averaged 36:15 minutes per mile.

Calories burned according to GPS; 3099





The hike was much more difficult than I remembered. Everyone had fun and worked hard. The wind blew hard and cold up on top. It was a great 10 hour experience. A hike like this once a summer would keep you young. Next time we'll bring the kids.

6 comments:

marathon runner said...

that was fun! I am glad we did it!

Steve Williams said...

I Love Tablerock, although each time i go to hike it i forget how tough it is. It was a lot of fun going up with you guys and everyone else. Well have to find some other hikes, Anybody know of any hikes as good as Table Rock?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the 10 hour hike, maybe we'll come back next summer and do it with you.

Bryan Williams said...

I miss that table rock hike. I miss mountains :( There are a lot of hills and a ton of hikes to do around here but nothing like the snow-capped mountains like Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming.

In fact they have a bunch of ski hills around here but I'm afraid the whole hill will be Kelly's Canyon bunny hill. We'll see.

Hey Kelly you should get in on our newly created political blog. I'd love to get your take on things. It's at http://williamspoliticaldebate.blogspot.com/

Enjoy. See ya.

Kelsie Williams said...

you are funny

Sam said...

So I figured that you needed to blog again, so I am tagging you. If you don't understand what that means ask your lovely wife she will explain it to you. ANyway go to my blog and get your instructions.

About Me

My photo
I am a sexy man, but only my wife can see me naked.