3.24.2008

I hate Idaho... This State blows, way too hard for me to want to live here anymore.

There are 300 Million people in the United States. 1,499,402 unfortunate people have to call Idaho their home; 161,031 live in the Idaho Falls area. That means 1/2 of 1 % of our country lives here. So 99.5% live somewhere better than me and I am not happy about it anymore. Anyone ever wonder why all this land was here for the taking 150 years ago. Because there was nothing here to create a civilization around. Why is it those who have to search for "religious freedom" always get stuck with the places nobody wants at the time? Didn't B. Young know how close he was to Oregon? How about waiting to find the MOST God forsaken piece of real estate from sea to shining sea and say "this is the place ?!?!?" And now why am I still here I ask myself? Because I have a great job that I can't leave. I work in an industry that has such a bad reputation that the government has to put it somewhere where no one can see it, and if it all blows up it wont harm any one of any importance. I guess it's worth it because it's the only think keeping me here right now.

So how do I keep my sanity? I have snowboarded once, sometimes twice every weekend since Christmas. Although it has provided us with countless hours of family time together, I know we could duplicate the fun somewhere else and not loose my sanity. But the snow won't melt, the sun won't shine, the air will not warm up and THE WIND WILL NOT STOP BLOWING!!! But that shouldn't be a surprise I live at the bottom of a hill covered with WINDMILLS!!! We have traveled throughout the West and I know I could be happier in any number of cities. Someday I will quit complaining and actually move out of this terrible State. At least this summer we'll go visit someplace nice...


"You’re on the road but you’ve got no destinationYou’re in the mud, in the maze of her imaginationYou love this town even if it doesn’t ring trueYou’ve been all over and it’s been all over you"

6 comments:

marathon runner said...

I am sorry your job is so Fabulous we wll never leave this dreadful place!
Maybe someday we will retire by the ocean and sit on the beach all day long....Love You

Natalie♥ said...

Kelly I totally agree with you. I hate this weather and I am so ready for summer. If I could move somewhere warm I would pack up and leave in a heartbeat.

Bryan Williams said...

AMEN! What's worse about Idaho is that it is a hole that just keeps on sucking you in. There is so much more in the world to see and do.

I fully support you in your desire to get away from this place.

Anonymous said...

Where do you get all of your numbers???? I'm guessing while you are at your fabulous job you have time to look these facts up- I wish I had that kind of time at my job----lol- You are a fabulous guy and I am happy to hear that only your wife can see you in the buff- that makes for a happy marriage-

Steve Williams said...

I have to respectively disagree with you guys over there> Idaho is great! There is no other place I would rather be. The problem is that you guys are on the wrong side of the state. We have had one windy day this past month, and the snow has been gone for weeks. I have to admit I have no plans moving to eastern Idaho anytime soon.

marathon runner said...

Love your new look!!!

About Me

My photo
I am a sexy man, but only my wife can see me naked.